Apple’s iPad Air continues to be one of the most popular tablets available since it was first introduced. The iPad Air has over time maintained its stronghold in the tablet market. Here are some of its key specs and features:
- It is available in two versions, the Wi-Fi model and the Wi-Fi cellular model
- It comes in a sleek space gray or silver finish
- It has a storage capacity range of 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB
- It is a slim device with a width of just 6 inches, depth of 0.29 inches, height of 9.4 inches, and weighs 1 pound or 469 grams only. The Wi-Fi cellular model weighs slightly more at 1.05 pounds or 478 grams.
- Both models come with a high-quality 9.7 inches retina display with LED-backlit Multi-Touch functions and a resolution of 2048×1536 pixels at 264 pixel per inch (ppi) density. The display also features finger-resistant oleophobic coating.
- It has a 1.2MP FaceTime HD camera at the front and a 5MP rear iSight camera complete with autofocus, face detection, and backside illumination features.
- It has a built-in 32.4 watt-hour lithium-polymer rechargeable battery capable of giving you up to 10 hours of surfing the web, listening to music, or watching videos. The tablet can be charged via a power adapter or USB connection to a computer.
Given such impressive features, there isn’t much to complain about the iPad Air but naturally perfection is not an easy feat to achieve. Users of the iPad Air have reported a few flaws and issues with their tablets. If you ever run into a serious issue with your iPad such as a damaged screen, water damage, or any malfunction, the best option is to take the device to a trusted iPad Air repair Singapore shop such as iRepair along Prinsep Street for professional repair.Here are some of the commonly reported problems with the iPad Air and how to fix them.
iPad Air water damage and screen cracks
Your iPad Air device is also prone to accidental damages just like any other electronic device you carry around with you. It may drop in water and suffer moisture damage or even drop and develop cracks on its screen.
What to do in case of accidental damage
There is not much you can do if the damage is severe. For instance, a broken screen will need replacement with a new screen. In case of water damage simply turn off the device and take it to a reliable iPad Air repair center in Singapore.
iPad Air refuses to turn on
Many people have reported this problem of their device suddenly refusing to turn on.
- Press the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time for at least ten seconds or until the Apple logo appears.
- Charge the device for some time until the battery icon appears then try to turn it on again.
- If none of the above works, consult Apple if your warranty is still valid or take the device to a good iPad Air repair Singapore center for further examination and repair.
iPad Air screen replacement: erratic or unresponsive touchscreen
A few iPad Air users have reported of glitches on their devices’ touchscreen. The screen suddenly becomes unresponsive, sometimes on the entire screen or in some specific areas. There have also been reports of problems with multi-touch where the screen fails to register touches.
- Press the Sleep/Wake button then slide to turn off the device.
- If the screen is still unresponsive, hold down the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons together for 10 seconds
- Check if your screen protector is causing the problem
- Go to settings and do a backup and restore
- If the problem still remains, contact Apple or take the device to a Singapore iPad Air repair center to check if there is physical damage to the screen or a software issue that is causing the screen to be unresponsive.
iPad Air screen replacement: dark lines or yellow tint on one side of the screen
There have been reports of horizontal or vertical dark lines appearing on the left edge of the display. The screen can also develop differences in color on both sides. For example, the left side of the display may have a yellowish tint that is clearly visible when you visit sites with a white background.
This is either a hardware or software issue that you cannot solve unless you are a technician in such matters. Simply take the tablet to Apple or have the screen replaced at a good iPad Air repair Singapore service center.
iPad Air battery replacement: Low Battery Life
Low battery capacity is a common annoyance with most modern tablets. The iPad Air comes with a strong 32.4 watt-hour battery designed to serve you for a long time. However, if your device’s battery starts draining fast and you are sure that the problem is not due to heavy usage, here are a few things you can do to fix the problem.
- The culprit could be a power-hungry app. Simply double click the home button to see the battery-draining app and close it or uninstall it if you do not need it.
- Try to reset the device
- Back up the device via iCloud then restore it
- If the battery is still draining fast, you may consider having it replaced at Apple or by at iPad Air repair shop in Singapore.
A good iPad should charge fully within 3 to 4 hours but sometimes you may notice that it is taking too long to reach 100% charge. If this happens, you may need to do the following:
- Go to settings, switch to airplane mode and avoid using it while it charges.
- Make sure you are using the original charger and cable that came with the iPad
- Charge it via a wall socket as PC charging is sometimes slower.
- If none of the above helps, take it to a Singapore iPad Air repair shop to check if the charging port has a problem.
iPad Air camera replacement: Freezing Camera
Sometimes the iPad Air camera may stop loading or suffer frequent crashes. You may also notice that the images are not as clear as they used to be. In case of camera issues, do the following:
- Swipe up the camera app and close it then load it again
- Reboot the iPad Air
- If the camera is still crashing, contact Apple or a good iPad Air Singapore repair center to check if the problem is due to a hardware issue in which case you might have to replace the camera with a new one.