Aside from a cracked screen or water damage, some of the most common issues with iPads deal with hardware buttons, the casing, and the camera. Buttons in particular can degrade simply due to repeated use, but luckily they are not expensive or difficult to repair – except when it comes to the home button for some models, due to the complexity of the Touch ID system.
Common camera issues
Blurry or out of focus image
● Software update issue – some users report having issues when they update to newer versions of iOS.
● Incompatible case – some cases developed for iPads have very small differences in shape near the camera that cause it to lose focus. Certain clear covers may also not be quite transparent enough, obscuring the lens.
● Damaged lens – your camera lens may simply need repair or replacement.
● Software update issue – most users who experience this problem are victim to an iOS update bug. Can be fixed in most cases without loss of data.
Common casing issues
● Frame dented or bent out of shape – aside from possibly ruining any chances for warranty repairs, this can be a problem if it is near a hardware button or the camera. It may interfere with the functioning of the button, either getting it stuck, making it hard to press, or allowing more dust to enter the device. Dents near the power jack, for example, could make it impossible to charge.
● Cannot eject sim card tray or sim card stuck – this often happens with micro sim cards which are inserted without a tray. It can also be caused by a damaged sim card slot or bent frame, especially if the damage occurs while the card is in the device. In some cases it may be feasible to correct the damage.
● Damaged bezel – this offers a layer of protection to your iPad’s screen when it is dropped face down. With a damaged bezel, drops from very low heights could cause serious screen cracks.
Tips on taking care of your iPad
1. Though it may be obvious, be very careful not to drop, step on, or otherwise impact your iPad. Impact damage can cause a variety of problems and cosmetic damage usually eliminates the chance for a replacement on warranty.
2. Back up all of your files before updating to a new version of iOS – ALWAYS. If your photos are irreparably damaged by the update, you will still have access to them.
3. Do not press hardware buttons with excessive force.
Camera, button, and case repair in Singapore
If you are exhibiting any of these issues, bring your iPad to iRepair on Prinsep Street. Your repairs will be done quickly on-site. Walk-ins are welcome – come in, have a seat in our comfortable lounge, and leave with your fixed iPad the same day!