Launched in March 2015, the Samsung Galaxy S6 is still one of best smartphones to come from Samsung. It is packed with great features and specs tailored to improve your smartphone experience.
Here are some of its key specs and features:
- The Galaxy S6 has a wide 5.10 inch touchscreen display with 1440×2560 pixels at 577 ppi resolution.
- It is powered by 1.5 GHz Octa-CoreExynos 7420 processor
- It has 3GB of RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- 16MP rear camera and 5MP front that is ideal for taking selfies in all light conditions
- The S6 runs on Android 5.0 operating system
- Powered by a 2550 mAh battery that is also non-removable.
- Packed with a variety of sensors including Compass magnetometer Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Barometer, and so much more.
The Galaxy S6 comes in a refined design, packs plenty of raw power, and just about everything to make you fall in love with the device. However, as awesome as it is, the Samsung S6 has its own share of flaws and setbacks. This does not mean that every S6 has a flaw but in case your runs into a malfunction issue, it is advised to have it checked and repaired at a trusted Samsung S6 repair Singapore shop. Having said that, let’s take a look at some of the glitches reported by Galaxy S6 users and how you can possibly fix them.
One of the most reported screen issues by Samsung S6 users is cracked or damaged screen. Although the phone’s screen is made with strong crack-resistance materials, it is not completely safe from damage. If the phone is dropped from a height two feet or more and land face down, its screen will crack. The crack may appear on one side or all over the entire display.
Solution for a cracked Samsung S6 screen
Self-repairing the cracked screen is practically not possible if you are not a technician in such matters. The screen will need to be replaced with a new one which will involve replacing the Gorilla Glass 4 coverglass and the AMOLED panel as well. The screen replacement is an intricate process that can only be handled by a qualified Samsung S6 repair Singapore technician.
Samsung S6 Increased Screen Sensitivity
There are some Samsung S6 users who claim that their phones’ screens have developed increased sensitivity in certain areas while other areas are not registering touches.
- Turn the phone off and on again and check if the problem is still there
- Remove any case or screen protector you may be using and see if there is a difference
- Check if there is an active app that is causing the sensitivity
- If none of the above works then contact Samsung if your warranty is still valid or simply take the phone to a good Samsung S6 repair Singapore service such as iRepair for quick and affordable repair.
Samsung S6 Declining Battery Capacity
Your Samsung S6 comes with a 2,550mAh rated battery. While this is a truly strong battery, some users have claimed to have issues with low battery capacity. The phone actually charges fast, shows 100% charged but drains away very fast after a short duration.
How to fix a fast draining battery
- You can start by turning off every single feature or app that you are not suing
- Set screen brightness to a lower level
- Go to Settings>Battery and under Power Saving Mode boost the battery’s life. However, Ultra Saving Mode will limit your phone’s performance and is only recommended for emergencies.
- Check if there is any background syncing which is one of the causes of fast battery drain. Turn off everything that does not need syncing.
- Uninstall all power-guzzling apps that you don’t use.
- If the battery is still draining quickly, then take the phone to a qualified Samsung S6 technician in Singapore to have it checked further.
Samsung S6 Overheating Problems
It has also been reported that the Galxy S6 may sometimes run extremely hot especially when you are playing a graphic intensive game for a long time or when it is being charged.
How to fix an overheating S6
- Turn off the phone and let it to cool for a minute or two then restart it again
- If it is still overheating turn it off and boot in Safe Mode to check if there is an app causing the problem.
- Take the phone to Samsung if you have a warranty or better still to a good Samsung S6 repair center such as iRepair to have the problem checked and repaired professionally.
Samsung S6 Water Damage
Water damage is one of the most common issues faced by many Samsung S6 users. While the phone is resistant to dust and splashes to an extent, it will suffer severe damage if immersed or dropped in liquid. Water or any other liquid can potentially corrode your phone’s motherboard and other I.C/hardware components. In the unfortunate event of dropping your phone in a bowl of soup or glass of wine, your best option is to turn it off and take it to a reliable Samsung S6 repair center in Singapore.
Samsung S6 Warranty in Singapore
As a leading mobile phone manufacturer in the world, Samsung provides support and other after-sale services for their products. Your Samsung S6 warranty cover allows you to have limited repair for the device from Samsung Support Service center. You can also buy premium care for an additional S$68. With Premium Care, you’ll be charged S$156 for water or screen damage repairs. Keep in mind the process may take days before you can get your newly repaired phone back.
A better alternative would be to take your damaged or malfunctioning phone to iRepair who are located on Prinsep Street in Singapore. iRepair is the only Samsung repair center in Singapore with CaseTrust Accreditation. They repair all types of Samsung S6 problems at the most affordable costs and within the shortest time possible. Most repairs take an hour or less to be completed.