Common button issues
iPad volume button not working
● Upgrade problems – sometimes, upgrading to a newer version of iOS can cause your volume buttons to become useless. Typically, when pressing one of the buttons, the well-known speaker icon will display on the screen – except it does not have any volume indicators, nor does it have a line through it indicating that it is muted. This corresponds with the device not producing sound in some instances.
● Conflicting software – certain combinations of apps can cause conflicting control over your iPad’s sound – in this case, your sound controls will either be very delayed or not work at all. You may be stuck at one volume or hear nothing at all. An expert can fix this by identifying what app is causing the problem and removing it.
● iPad volume button stuck – this is a simple repair and usually is simply due to wear or having some small particle stuck in your iPad. Bring it to iRepair to have the button replaced quickly.
iPad home button not responding
● Frozen iPad – before anything else, try to use other functions of your iPad. If nothing is working, the problem could be as simple as an app taking up too much memory and causing the entire system to freeze, rather than simply your iPad home button not working.
● Broken or obstructed button – the button itself could be worn or not properly interacting with the motherboard. Either way, it is in need of a cleaning or hardware repair. It may be necessary to replace iPad home button if enough damage has been done to it.
iPad sleep button not working
● The sleep button suffers from many of the same issues as the home button. It may also be malfunctioning due to water damage.
Fingerprint sensor not working
● Each fingerprint sensor is unique to the device it was made for due to the Touch ID system. If it is not working, it may simply need to be adjusted or cleaned – otherwise, it will have to be entirely replaced by a professional.