The iPad pro is no doubt the biggest tablet to come from Apple. Its 12.9-inch display and 10-battery are some of the key features that tempt millions of people to pay substantial cash just to own the iPad Pro. It is indeed an attractive tablet made for creativity and productivity. Here are some of its key specs:
- The iPad Pro comes in two versions, the larger 12.9-inch model and the smaller 9.7-inch model. The 12.9-inch model is available in sleek silver, Gold, and space gray finishes while the 9.7-inch model comes in silver, gold, rose gold, and space gray colors.
- It has an ample storage capacity of 32GB, 128 GB, and 256GB.
- The 9.7 inch model weighs 0.96 pounds or 437 grams while the larger 12.9 inch model weighs 1.59 pounds r 723 grams.
- Talking about its display, you have a choice of either 9.7 inch or 12.9 inch display. Both are retina screens with LED-backlight, multi-touch function, and 2048×1536 pixels at 264 pixels per inch (ppi). The display also features fingerprint-resistant oleophobic and antireflective coating.
- The 9.7 inch model comes with a 12MP iSight camera while the larger model has an 8MP camera complete with Live Photos, True Tone Flash, and photo-geo-tagging among many other camera features.
- The 12.9 inch model has powerful 10,307mAh built-in lithium polymer rechargeable battery that gives you 38.5watt-hour service while the smaller version has a 27.5 watt-hour 7,306mAh battery.
- Both model run on iOS 10 system which is regarded as the most advanced mobile operating system in the world today.
The iPad Pro is an attractive and functional device worth every penny charged by Apple but it’s not completely flawless. Some users of the device have reported a few bugs and glitches in the course of usage. Not everiPad Pro has a problem or malfunction issues but it if yours does, the best option is to have it checked at Apple if you still have warranty or take it to a good iPad Pro repair Singapore center for further examination and repair. Having said that, let’s now take a look at some of the common problems reported by iPad Pro users and what you can do to fix the issues.
iPad Pro screen replacement: Accidental Screen Damage
Accidents do happen when you least expect them. If you should ever drop your iPadPro accidentally it may develop cracks on its screen that will seriously interfere with the device’s functioning. You may even spill water or coffee on the device accidentally. In case of accidental screen damage, the only option you have is to take the device to Apple or to a reliable iPad Pro repair Singapore service center such as iRepair to have the screen replaced with a new one.
Screen freezing while using the iPad Pro
There are many users who have reported of their iPad Pro screen freezing when using apps or during startup. The screen freezes and remains unresponsive for a few seconds or indefinitely. Here’s what you can do when this happens to your device:
- Hold down the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears. This may solve the issue but it will return again.
- Restore your iPad Pro using iTunes settings.
- If the problem persists, contact Apple or take the device to a Singapore iPad Pro repair center who will replace the screen with a new working one.
iPad Pro Flickering Screen Repair
Have you noticed the screen of your iPadPro flickering constantly? The problem occurs as backlight flickering on black regions of the screen or in form of black bands that appear on white spaces. This is not a problem you can fix at home. Contact Apple Support or visit a reliable iPad Pro repair center in Singapore to have the screen examined and repaired.
Some users of iPad Pro have complained of being unable to charge their devices. The iPad simply displays the message “Not Charging” even when plugged in to the charger. Sometimes the charging process is much slower than normal. To solve the charging problem, you can do the following:
- Restart the device and try to charge again
- Use the original charger and cable that came with the iPad Pro.
- Ensure that the charging port is free from dust and dirt
- If the charging port is damaged or faulty, contact Apple for replacement or have it repaired at a good Singapore iPad Pro repair center.
iPad Pro battery replacement: Poor Battery Life
The iPad Pro has a powerful battery. The 12.9 inch model has a 10,307mAh battery while the smaller 9.7 inch model comes with a 7,306mAh battery. Both batteries are meant to give you over 10 hours of continuous use but some users of the device claim the battery’s life is not as good as advertised. They are experiencing significant battery drain even when the iPad is on standby. Here is what you can do if your device’s battery is draining faster than expected.
- Reduce brightness to a comfortable level via Settings
- Close apps that you don’t use, especially the ones that keep updating
- Make sure the iPad is fully charged before using it.
- Factory-reset the device. Remember to back up your data before resetting the iPad.
- If the battery is still draining fast, contact Apple or visit a good Singapore iPad Pro repair shop to have the phone checked or battery replaced with a new one.
iPad Pro Smart Keyboard Suddenly Stops Working
This is another bug commonly reported by iPad Pro users. The Smart Keyboard simply stops working especially after the device wakes up from sleep. Here is what to do if the Smart Keyboard suddenly freezes on you.
- Detach and reattach the keyboard again then check if the problem has disappeared
- Restart the device. This may provide a temporary solution to the problem.
- Check if the connecting port has dust, dirt, debris, or damage.
- If the connecting port is damaged take the device to any Apple Service Center or to a reputable iPad Pro repair Singapore center to have it checked and repaired.
Apple Repair Services
You can have your iPadPro repaired at Apple Service Centers whenever it develops technical problems. The costs vary depending on the damage and whether the repair is being done in-warranty or out of warranty. For instance, for a 7.9-inch iPad Pro battery repair at Apple, you’ll be charged $148 if you still have a warranty and $548 if the repair is out-of-warranty. For the 12.9 inch model, you’ll pay $848 for out-of-warranty battery repair. Screen replacement for the 256GB version will cost you up to $1388 at Apple. Keep in mind the repair or replacement may take days to be completed.