The iPhone 6 Plus was one of the major smartphones that was released by Apple in 2014. The year also saw the release of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6s. This was a major milestone in Apple’s history and while we have already seen the release of other new iPhones that perhaps have more advanced features than the iPhone 6 Plus, we still think that this smartphone is among the best releases by Apple over the last decade. The phone has many great features too and we have listed many them below just to give you a clear indication of what we are talking about here.
Here are some of the major specs you will find on the iPhone 6 Plus released by Apple 3 years ago:
- Finish: Silver, Space Gray, and Gold
- Capacity: 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB
- Dimensions: Height at 6.22 inches, width of 3.06 inches, depth at 0.28 inches
- Weight: 172 grams
- Display: 5.5-inch screen with retina HD display, LED backlight widescreen multi-touch display and additional IPS technology.
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels at 401 ppi. Contrast ratio at 1300:1, full sRGB with dual-domain pixels. There’s an oleophobic coating at the front and display zoom.
- Chips: A8 Chip coming with a 64Bit architecture and M8 motion coprocessor
- Camera: 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and optical image stabilization. Five element lens is featured, auto HDR for photos, exposure control, burst mode, true tone flash, Hybrid IR filter, f/2.2 aperture, and photo geotagging. There is a Facetime HD camera too.
- Security: Touch ID feature for fingerprint identification
If you look at all these features, you will agree that before the iPhone 8 and X that have just been released, the iPhone 6 Plus was the go to phone for people who were looking for a premium model smartphone. It’s hard to imagine that such a phone would have any issues at all. Well, it does. No need to be alarmed though. Bugs and small issues are common with smartphones and the most important thing is to make sure that such issues are fixed. At iRepair, you will have experts ready to ensure your phone is in good working condition. The experts can handle a wide range of iPhone 6 Plus issues including the following:
iPhone 6 Plus Screen Repair Singapore
The 5.5-inch screen with retina HD display, LED backlight widescreen multi-touch with additional IPS technology is one of the key features that makes the iPhone 6 Plus a great phone. The screen also offers amazing reachability, but it can have its own problems.
Potential iPhone 6 Plus Screen Problems
Some common screen issues for the iPhone 6 Plus include the following:
- Screen cracks
- The LCD may malfunction, and you will need iPhone 6 Plus LCD repair
- The display goes blank and shows nothing
- The display is unresponsive or responds very slowly
- The backlight disappears, and pixels appear dead
- The screen appears to have burn marks, it flickers, and some lines start to form on the display
- iPhone 6 Plus screen freeze
The iPhone 6 Plus screen is a special screen. It’s very sensitive and cannot be repaired by anybody. If there are any issues with the screen, only an expert who has experience in iPhone screens can handle them. Get the phone to an iRepair store and see how you can be assisted with the issue you have.
iPhone 6 Plus Battery Repair Singapore
The iPhone 6 Plus comes with a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery and the phone will keep the power on standby for 16 days. This is a powerful battery and you will know if it’s not working as it should. Some of the issues may include the phone not charging at normal speed or not charging at all. The battery may also overheat or bloat in which case you need iPhone 6 Plus battery replacement.
- Bloating or overheating is a serious issue and if your iPhone 6 Plus is having it, iRepair may be a good place to have the issue resolved.
- As for the phone not charging or not charging as fast as it used to, try using a different charger or the original charger that came with the phone.
- Close all the apps that you don’t need so you can reduce quick drain.
iPhone 6 Plus Camera Replacement in Singapore
The specifications of the iPhone 6 Plus camera are world class but it’s not uncommon to have some issues with the lens. Most of the time, the problem would either be a scratched lens or a cracked one. Some other malfunctions may be reported too.
- If the lens on the camera is damaged, it must be replaced. The entire camera will be replaced at iRepair in less than an hour so gets there as soon as you can.
- In malfunctions that are purely manufacturer based, you can go and get a replacement of your phone from Apple.
iPhone 6 Plus Water Damage Repair in Singapore
The iPhone 6 Plus is not waterproof. Apple has made it clear on that but it’s fairly water resistant. There are some videos online where the phone appears to resist for a long time under water. Do not try this though. If your phone has meet water, switch it off and get it to an iRepair store. You may also need an iPhone 6 Plus touch screen repair from the store. If the motherboard gets damaged when in contact with water, you should also ask for the iPhone 6 Plus motherboard repair cost too.
Water damage may cause the following issues:
- The phone will start to show signs of corrosion
- The water affects the responsiveness of its screen
- The phone fails to turn on
- Some water stains and marks appear on the screen
The best solution for a phone exposed to water is to go and have it checked at iRepair. Only an expert can be able to solve the issue effectively and while you may see some homemade solutions online, do not try any of them.
Apple Repair and Pricing in Singapore
Apple offers repair services for customers under AppleCare warranty. You can step into any repair store and have the phone fixed. Normally, you will have to pay around $219 for screen issues while other damages may attract a sum of as high as $519.
Why iRepair Is the Best Option
One thing you get with iRepair is low iPhone 6 Plus repair cost. Compared to the prices at Apple repair stores, you will get a great bargain. The second thing is expertise. The people who will repair your iPhone here know what they are doing. You can visit the store at Prinsep Street in Singapore and have all the issues fixed anytime.