The iPhone 6 was released 3 years ago. The phone was billed as one of the most advanced smartphones at the time and together with the iPhone 6s as well as the iPhone 6s Plus, they took the market by storm. It’s very easy to see why the phone has remained a popular choice for many people. Some of the new technologies that we have seen on the latest iPhone models including the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 8 were all pioneered by the iPhone 6 and, this is a very high-end quality phone. As for the features, well, wait until you see the specs below. You will agree that it’s a phone worth having.
Here are some of the major technical specifications of the iPhone 6 as stated by Apple:
- Finishes: Silver, Spray Gray, and Gold
- Weight: 129 grams. Height at 3.44 inches, depth, 0.27 inches, and width, 2.64 inches
Display: 4.7-inch screen with retinal HD display, Led Backlight, and widescreen multi-touch.
- Resolution: 1334 x 750 pixels at 326 ppi
- Camera: 8 MP iSight camera with autofocus, auto HDR for pictures, auto image stabilization, burst mode, timer mode, f/2.2 aperture, face detection, optical image stabilization, and exposure control.
- Power and battery: Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery with 14 hours of talk time on 3G, 10 days of at standby, 50 hours audio playback, 10 hours internet use and 11 hours video playback.
- Sensors: Touch ID, three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, and ambient light sensor
- OS: iOS 9 upgradable to iOS11
These are all very outstanding features. Whether we are talking about the display or the camera, it’s clear that Apple has put in a lot of work in the design of this phone. While many will argue that other better options have come up, it’s very difficult to see the difference between the iPhone 6 and modern Apple phones, especially when it comes to the user experience. But that aside, it’s to be expected that some people will have a few issues. iPhones are great, but they are not 100% perfect. A few bugs have been reported here and there. The great thing is that there are real places you can go and fix these issues. One of these places is iRepair, the premier smartphone repair shop in Singapore. The experts here deal with but not limited to the following issues:
iPhone 6 Screen Repair Singapore
The screen of the iPhone 6 is a sensitive one and if it’s damaged, then the process of repair must also be equally sensitive. The 4.7-inch screen with retinal HD display, LED backlight and widescreen multi-touch is a feature to behold and it should be taken care of very well.
Issues do happen and here are some of the common screen problems you may come across:
- Endless issues with the LCD
- Unresponsive screen to the touch
- Screen responds very slowly to the touch
- Cracks on the screen
- Lines forming and burn marks appear on the screen
- The backlight not visible and other possible physical damages
The sensitivity of the iPhone 6 screen makes it a very delicate thing to handle. If you don’t want to run the risk of making the issue even worse, you must bring the phone to the iRepair store so that an experienced expert who has handled such issues before can take care of it.
iPhone 6 Battery Repair Singapore
The iPhone 6 has a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with 14 hours of talk time on 3G, 10 days of at standby, 50 hours audio playback, 10 hours internet use and 11 hours video playback.
The battery may have issues with:
- Quick drain
- The issue of draining can be fixed by trying to close all apps that may be eating off the power without any reason.
- If the battery fails to charge, the issue can be fixed using the original iPhone 6 charger
- The challenge arises when we are talking of bloating and overheating. There could be many issues leading to this and an expert at iRepair will be able to detect and fix them for you.
iPhone 6 Camera Replacement in Singapore
The iPhone 6 has a dual camera with the primary 8 MP camera featuring a number of great additions. From optical image stabilization to autofocus, and smile detection, it’s one of the best phone cameras.
Possible damages to the camera may include a damaged or scratched lens or sometimes design issues that are directly associated with the phone manufacturer.
- In case the camera has a scratched lens, or the lens is cracked, the camera must be replaced. The experts at iRepair have done this for many years and will have the replacement ready in an hour.
- If the issue is a design failure, you can get the phone replaced at your nearest Apple store.
iPhone 6 Water Damage Repair in Singapore
The iPhone 6 may have so many great features, but it’s not waterproof like the iPhone 8. So, if the phone falls into water, there could be a number of damages which include:
- The screen starts to get water stains and marks
- The speaker on the phone and the mic are distorted
- The phone will not power on as it always does
- The phone starts to show signs of corrosion
- The screen becomes unresponsive
A phone that falls into water may have many issues. Before anything else, a thorough troubleshooting should be done. As soon as you get it to the iRepair store the better so that the damage can be minimized as much as possible.
Apple Repair and Pricing in Singapore
Repair services will be availed by Apple for those who need them. However, the cost is quite high. For example, screen repairs will need a fee of $219 while other damages may attract a repair fee of $529.
Why iRepair is the Best Choice
iRepair will offer all the repair services available at the Apple stores but at a way cheaper price. The experienced experts here know how to fix any iPhone including the iPhone 6 so give them a try and see how it works. You can visit them at Prinsep Street in Singapore for all the iPhone repairs you need.