The iPhone 8 is a 4th generation of the unforgettable iPhone 6 but with an all-new design and enhanced performance. It almost looks identical to its predecessor, the iPhone 7 Plus, with the same non-clickable Home Button complete with Touch ID sensor. However, unlike the iPhone 7, the iPhone 8 comes with the new A11 CPU which is a major upgrade in speed and a full glass panel on the back that gives it a Qi wireless charging capability. The glass is thicker than aluminum which gives you a firmer hold on the phone.
Finish: Gold, Silver, and Space Gray
OS: iOS 11
Storage Capacity: 64 or 256GB
Weight: 5.22 ounces or 148 grams
Display: Retina HD 4.7-inch (diagonal) screen with LCD Multi-Touch IPS display technology.
Resolution: 1334×750 pixels at 326 dpi.
Resistance: It is splash, water, and dust resistant with a rating of IP67
Camera: 7MP FaceTime camera with f/2.2 aperture and 12MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture and a digital zoom of up to 5x. It has 4k video recording at 24 fps and 1080p HD video recording at 30fps.
Touch ID using a fingerprint sensor on the Home Button
Battery: Powerful battery that gives you up to 14 hours talk time, 12 hours of internet use, and up to 40 hours of wireless audio playback time.
With all its bells and whistles, the iPhone 8 is not without a few bugs and hitches, as some users have reported. If your iPhone runs into a problem, you better have it checked and repaired by professionals at iRepair in Singapore. Here are a few examples and what to do about them.
iPhone 8 Screen Repair Singapore
The iPhone 8 comes with a 4.7-inch (diagonal) Retina HD LCD Multi-Touch screen that uses IPS technology. The display has a resolution of 1334 x 750 pixels at 326 dpi. It is an advanced screen but prone to physical damage if dropped or mishandled.
Common iPhone 8 Screen Problems
Some of the common screen-related problems reported by iPhone 8 users include:
- Cracked screens
- LCD issues
- Unresponsiveness or slow response to touch
- Lack of display or blank screen
- Burn marks, lines on the display, or flickering
- Disappearing backlight, dead pixels
- Other physical damages.
- The iPhone 8 screen is quite sensitive and not easily repaired at home. Your best option is to have it checked and if necessary get the screen replaced by expert iPhone 8 repair professionals such as iRepair.
iPhone 8 Battery Repair Singapore
In comparison to the previous iPhone 7 model, the iPhone 8 has a smaller battery which is more enhanced to give you a similar battery life. The battery gives you 14 hours of talk time, up to 40 hours of audio playback, and reliable internet usage for 12 hours. It is capable of fast charge and will even charge up to 50% within half an hour.
However, the battery is susceptible to problems such as fast drain, bloating, slow charging, and inability to charge.
- If battery doesn’t charge or charges very slowly, use its original charger rather than 3rd party chargers
- Fast drain can be reduced by closing apps that you don’t use from the settings section.
- An overheating or bloated battery can be a potential danger. Take your phone to an expert iPhone repair shop such as iRepair and have the battery checked or replaced. Replacement at iRepair is done fast and professionally using genuine Apple batteries.
iPhone 8 Camera Replacement in Singapore
The iPhone 8 has dual cameras, the front FaceTime 7MP camera with f/22 aperture and a back 12MP camera with f/1.8 aperture and digital zoom.
Common camera problems
- Cracked or scratched lens
- Malfunctioning issues such as blank screen and blurred or out of focus images
- For a physically damaged camera lens, the best course of action is to bring it to iRepair for a camera replacement which takes around an hour in most cases.
- The problem could also be a factory error which Apple doesn’t repair but only replaces the device if you still have a warranty. If you don’t better bring it to iRepair for fast and less expensive repair or camera replacement.
iPhone 8 Back Cover Replacement in Singapore
Unlike the previous models, iPhone 8 has a full glass back cover that allows wireless Qi charging. The glass cover comes in three colors namely Gold, Silver, Space Gray. The beautiful glass cover is however prone to damages such as cracks, bending, or discoloring.
A damaged or worn back cover can only be replaced with a new one. At iRepair, you get genuine iPhone back cover replacements at the best price in Singapore.
iPhone 8 Water Damage Repair in Singapore
The iPhone 8 is rated IP67 for water, splash, and dust resistance but can suffer severe internal damage if exposed to water or moisture for a long time. Sings of water damage in an iPhone 8 include:
- Water stains or marks on the screen
- An unresponsive touchscreen
- Distortion in the speaker or mic
- Inability of the iPhone to turn on
- Signs of corrosion
- If the iPhone falls in water accidentally, turn it off and take it to iRepair in Singapore for a chemical wash.
- Do not attempt any of the popular home remedies found online as they may lead to further corrosion of the iPhone’s internal components.
Apple Repair and Pricing in Singapore
Apple provides repair and replacement services for your iPhone’s screen and other parts if you are covered by their warranty or AppleCare+ service. If your iPhone 8 screen is damaged due to accidental causes, which are not covered in the warranty, you’ll be charged $219 for screen repair only. You’ll have to pay $529 for other damages.
Why iRepair is the Better Option
If you iPhone 8 has any of the abovementioned problems or even motherboard and Home Button issues, your best option is to take it to iRepair in Singapore. The repair or replacement costs at Apple may not be affordable for everyone while attempting to repair it on your own can prove to be disastrous.
At iRepair, located on Prinsep Street in Singapore, you’ll find qualified iPhone professionals ready to repair your precious gadget in the shortest time possible at the best price. Most repairs and replacement are completed within one hour.