The iPhone X was touted as the iPhone of the future when it came out in 2017. The phone’s features and its futuristic design were all things to savor. The iPhone X comes with a 5.8-inch Super Retina OLED screen. The screen takes the entire surface of the phone giving users an outstanding experience. It also has stunning colors, true black, a 1,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio and very high brightness. The iPhone X also has the modern A11 Bionic processor capable of 600 billion operations per second. The camera is significantly improved too.
Here are some of the other key specs to look out for in the iPhone X:
- Display: Super Retina OLED capacitive 5.8-inch multi touch screen with a resolution of 1125 x 2436 and 16 Colors.
- Finish : Space Gray and Silver
- Weight: 174 grams or 6.14 oz
- Resistance: Water and dust resistance
- Camera: 12 MP dual camera with a f/1.8 aperture, autofocus, 2x optical zoom, geo tagging, and touch focus features. A 7 MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture, face detection, and HDR
- Memory: No card slot. Internal memory available though with a 64 and 256 GB option. 3GB of RAM is also available.
- Size: 5.8 inches or an equivalent of 84.4 cm2.
- OS: iOS 11.1.1. can be upgraded to iOS 11.2.5
- Security: Face ID feature
- Battery: Non removable Li-Ion 2716 mAh battery. Offers 21 hours of talk time and 60 hours of music play.
- Bonus Features: Fast Battery charging, QI wireless charging, scratch resistant glass, 3D touch display and TrueDepth camera.
The iPhone X is one of the most advanced smartphones ever made. It is considered the next generation smartphone and even though it has many quality features, it’s not immune to a few bugs here and there. In case you are having issues with your device, you should have it checked by an expert.
So, what are some of the common Iphone X issues?
Well, we have a list for you and some potential solutions here below:
iPhone X Screen Repair Singapore
The large 5.8-inch OLED 3D touch screen on the iPhone X is perhaps one of the best in the smartphone market at the moment. The glass screen is scratch, dust, and water resistant, features an 1125 x 2436 resolution and an innovative wide color gamut display. The iPhone X screen also offers oleophobic coating for extra protection and true-tone display. These features are unique to the iPhone X and you will rarely find them in other smartphone screens. However, even with this advancement the screen can be damaged.
Potential iPhone X Screen Problems
The iPhone X’s screen can be exposed to both physical damage and internal malfunctions. Physical damage happens when the screen gets damaged due to poor handling or accidents. Some of the common physical damages include cracks, burn marks, and scratches. Internal malfunctions can be caused by many things and will often cause the screen to blank, become unresponsive or form lines. Sometimes the iPhone X may have dead pixels, or could flicker every now and then.
Solutions to These Screen Problems
The iPhone X has one of the most sensitive screens in the smartphone market. That’s why any attempt to repair possible damages should be handled with a lot of care. To avoid any risks, it is important to have the screen fixed by an expert. You can visit IRepair in Singapore to get expert repair on the iPhone X screen.
iPhone X Battery Repair Singapore
The iPhone X has a non-removable 2716 mAh battery that can deliver 21 hours of talk time on 3G and 60 hours of nonstop music. However, as the phone gets older the battery performance can get reduced which leads to a number of issues.
Common Battery Problems for the iPhone X
- Low battery life including fast drain
- Bloating and leakage
- Battery takes too long to charge
- Battery overheats when charging or when the phone is performing processor intensive activities
- Battery fails to charge completely
- For fast drain, you can try to turn off background apps and see if the problem is solved.
- In case the battery is not charging at all or the charging is too slow, try using the original iPhone X charger and see if this helps.
- For cases of overheating, leaking, and bloating, a full battery replacement might be needed. Since the iPhone X’s battery is non removable, you need to get to iRepair for a professional battery replacement service.
iPhone X Camera Replacement Singapore
The iPhone X features a dual camera system. There is the 12 MP primary camera that comes with a f/1.8 aperture, autofocus, 2x optical zoom amongst other features. The secondary camera is 7 megapixels, and has face detection as well as HDR features.
A number of camera issues have been reported on the iPhone X and here are some of them:
- Cracks and scratches on the lens
- Camera not working completely
- Some issues with autofocus
- Black screen
For issues with autofocus try to update to the latest iOS. If the camera lens is scratched or broken, it needs to be replaced. This is the only solution to physical camera damage and iRepair professionals will get this done for you.
iPhone X Back Covers Replacement
The iPhone X features a strong silicone back cover design with a soft microfiber lining on the inside to protect the smartphone. The exterior of the cover has a unique silky, soft-touch finish that feels very good on the hands.
In case the cover is broken, you can get a replacement under AppleCare or have it replaced at iRepair.
iPhone X Water Damage Repair
The iPhone X is highly resistant to dust and water but long exposure to rain or water could lead to corrosion and other issues.
If the phone is exposed to water, switch it off to prevent more damage. Bring it right away to iRepair just to make sure nothing is wrong.
Apple Repair Pricing In Singapore
Customers who have AppleCare+ can easily get any repairs done at Apple shops across Singapore. However, you will pay very high fees for these services. Besides, it takes too long to get the phone fixed. For screen repairs, you will part with S$219 while other repairs might cost up to S$529. However, if you don’t want to spend all that money for the same repairs, you should go to iRepair on Prinsep Street and enjoy quality services for less.