Samsung launched its third generation Galaxy Note, the Note 3, in Berlin Germany back in 2013. The smartphone featured several upgrades from previous versions including a new camera, improved display, and a faster processor just to mention a few. Some of its major features include:
- Slimmer and lighter design. It weighs just 168 grams or 5.93 oz.
- A 5.7 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen complete with 16M colors.
- A high resolution of 1080 by 1920 pixels at 386 ppi density
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection for the sensitive display
- Runs on Android v4.3 JellyBean OS that can be upgraded to v4.4.2 KitKat or even v5.0 Lollipop operating system.
- Memory capacity of 16, 32, and 64GB.
- A dedicated micro SD slot with expandable memory of up to 64GB
- 13MP rear camera with autofocus and LED flash. 2MP front camera.
- HTML5 browser
- Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones alert
- A range of sensors including accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass, humidity, temperature, and gesture sensors.
- A 3200mAh removable Li-Ion battery capable of giving you up to 420 stand-by time and up to 21 hours of talk-time.
The Samsung Note 3 is still one of the most reliable smart phones today. Most of its users claim to be having a wonderful experience with the phone. However, some have reported a few glitches and malfunctions with their Note 3 devices. The faults and issues discussed here do not apply to all Note 3 smart phones but if your happens to run into a serious malfunction, we highly recommend you have it checked by a professional Samsung Note 3 repair Samsung technician to avoid further damage. With that said, here are some of the common flaws and issues faced by many Samsung Note 3 users and what you can do to fix them.
Samsung Note 3 Battery Replacement: Slow Charging or Not Charging Completely
This is one of the most common problems reported by Samsung Galaxy Note 3 users. Many claim that when they plug in their Note 3 to the charger, it either charges very slowly or does not charge at all.
- The first thing you need to do is to make sure that you are actually using the charger and cable that came with your Note 3. A different charger may have a different rating which will affect its charging speed.
- The charger could be faulty in which case you’ll need to buy a new one at Samsung or from a trusted Samsung dealer.
- Clean the charger port carefully using compressed air or a soft toothbrush.
- Check the charging port more carefully and if it feels loose or bent out of shape, take the phone to a good Samsung Note 3 repair center in Singapore, such as iRepair, to have the charging port replaced.
Samsung Note 3 Battery Drain and Overheating Problems
There have been claims about the Note 3 battery draining rapidly at the least expected moment. Others have claimed that the battery or entire back panel gets too hot to touch while charging or playing games. Rapid battery drain and overheating are often caused by the same things.
- Go to Settings>General>Battery and check for anything that could be draining your battery fast or causing the battery to overheat.
- A Factory-Reset can also improve your battery capacity since it eliminates all the potential battery-draining culprits.
- If none of the above helps, you could be having a faulty battery that needs to be replaced with a new one. Take the phone to a good Samsung repair center in Singapore to have the battery checked or replaced.
Common Samsung Note 3 Screen Replacement
The Note 3 comes with a tough Gorilla Glass 3 protected screen. However, the screen can still suffer crack damages if dropped on a hard surface. Your phone may still work with the spider web cracks on its screen but keep in mind the cracks could easily allow water or dust seep into the internal parts of the phone causing even more damage.
Samsung Note 3 Cracked Screen Remedy
Well, the only remedy to a cracked screen is to have it replaced with a new one. Do not be tempted to replace the screen by yourself at home if you are not a skilled technician. Note 3 screen replacement is a delicate process that involves replacement of the Gorilla Glass 3 as well as the AMOLED panel. Let a skilled technician at a good Singapore Samsung Note 3 repair center handle the screen replacement task.
Samsung Note 3 Unresponsive or Slow Screen
The Samsung Note 3 is also prone to the problem of a display screen that suddenly stops responding or giving you very slow or lagging response times. An unresponsive screen renders the phone completely useless. It can also be quite annoying when some sections of the screen become unresponsive to touch. The problem could be due to a number of reasons including a full phone cache, low battery charge, or a physically damaged screen.
- You can start by clearing caches in your phone
- You can also rest the phone
- If it the screen is still unresponsive, take out the battery and reinsert it back after 10 seconds then turn on the phone.
- If none of the above works, the screen could be having some sort of damage that can only be addressed at a good Samsung Note 3 repair center in Singapore such as iRepair along Prinsep Street.
Samsung Note 3 Faulty or Sensitive Buttons
Some of the buttons in your Samsung Note 3 such as the capacitive Back button or the Home button could suddenly stop responding. The solution to faulty buttons is either to have them repaired or if it is a physical button, you can have it replaced at a good Samsung Note 3 repair center in Singapore.
Samsung Warranty in Singapore
Samsung has Authorized Service Centers in Singapore where a repair such as screen replacement will cost you around S$360, depending on their terms and conditions. Most repairs at Samsung Authorized Service Centers normally take days to be completed due to long waiting times and queues.