Launched in September 2014, the Samsung Note 4 is still one of the best smartphones on the market today. It is a phone you’ll want to spend more of your time with than with anyone else. Let’s take a look at some of its key specs and features:
- It is not a bulky phone and only weighs 6.21 oz or 176 grams
- Its 5.7 inches display features Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and resolution of 1440×2560 pixels at 518 ppi pixel density.
- The screen has MultiTouch and is protected by a strong Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- It has an internal capacity of 32GB and 3GB RAM.
- It has a MicroSD slot with expandable memory of up to 256GB.
- A 16MP primary rear camera complete with autofocus and LED flash. 3.7MP front camera ideal for taking selfies and video recording.
- A removable 3220mAh Li-Ion battery capable of giving you up to 20 hours talk-time on 3G and up to 82 hours of music play.
Despite these impressive features and specs, the Galaxy Note 4 is also known to run into a few glitches and malfunctions. Whereas the issues discussed here do not affect all Note 4 smart phones, it is highly advised to have your phone checked and repaired by a professional Samsung Note 4 repair expert in Singapore is it should ever run into a serious malfunction. Let’s now consider a few common problems reported by Samsung Note 4 users and how to fix them.
Samsung Note 4 Random Restarts
Some users of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 have encountered the annoying random reboot problem with their phones. The phone actually restarts itself at random intervals for no apparent reason.
- Remove the MicroSD from your phone and check if the random reboots are still occurring. You may need to format the MicroSD card if the problem doesn’t go away.
- Try a factory reset if the phone is still rebooting randomly on its own.
- If the problem persists, take the phone to a reliable Samsung Note 4 repair Singapore shop or Samsung to have it checked and repaired. The problem could be due to a software issues that you cannot handle.
Samsung Note 4 Screen Replacement
One of the most common problems faced by a majority of smart phone users is the issue of cracked or damaged screens. The Note 4 screen is protected by a strong Corning Gorilla Glass 4 but it is nevertheless prone to cracking if dropped from a height of two or more feet and especially if it lands face down on a hard surface. Screen damage can occur in many other ways besides dropping the phone. You could even sit on it if you have a habit of sticking the phone in the back pocket of your jeans.
Solution for Cracked Samsung Note 4 Screen
A cracked screen makes the internal system of your Galaxy Note 4 susceptible to further damage as it can potentially allow moisture and dust seep into the phone’s interior. The only option is to have the entire screen replaced by a professional Samsung Note 4 repair Singapore expert. The process will also involve replacing the Gorilla Glass 4 as well as the AMOLED panel.
Samsung Note 4 Dead Pixels
The issue of dead pixels is fairly common in smart phones and the Note 4 is not an exception. If your Samsung Note 4 has dead pixels on its screen, here are a few things you can do.
- Download an app such as the Dead Pixel Detect and Fix and see if the app will solve the problem
- If the app doesn’t help, then simply take your phone to Samsung or to a trusted Samsung Note 4 repair Singapore service such as iRepair to replace the screen.
Samsung Note 4 Black Screen or No Display Issue
There have been a number of reports by Samsung Note 4 users who claim that their phone screens suddenly went black and could not display anything. Others claim that the screen started displaying color marks or vertical lines after using the phone in bright sunlight.
If your screen suddenly goes black, stops displaying anything, or develops pink and yellow tints or uneven brightness, the cause could be anything from AMOLED issues and LCD Blending problems to some form of physical damage. Your best option is to have the screen checked and possibly replaced at a good Samsung Note 4 repair Singapore shop such as iRepair.
Samsung Note 4 Battery Replacement
Poor battery life is an issue that affects most smart phones including the Samsung Note 4. The phone has a big 3220mAh battery capable of giving you a decent amount of stand by and talk-time, but there are many things that can affect the battery’s performance.
Potential Solutions to Low Battery Capacity
- If you notice that your Note 4 battery is draining faster than expected, close all apps and processes that you don’t need. Apps and processes that run in the background are some of the biggest battery drain culprits.
- Your battery could be faulty or worn so have it replaced at a good Singapore Samsung Note 4 repair center.
Samsung Note 4 Lag or Slow Performance Issue
There have also been complains about an annoying lag on the Note 4 characterized by small pauses when you are returning to the Home Screen or typing on the keyboard. The lag also happens when opening apps.
- You can start by trying another launcher such Nova Launcher instead of TouchWiz
- Update the phone’s software to the latest version
- Have the phone checked for screen or software problems by a professional Singapore Samsung Note 4 repair technician.
Samsung Note 4 Camera Replacement
It is quite possible for your Note 4 camera to suddenly crash especially after you launch it from the lock screen. The camera may also malfunction or fail to produce images in the right resolution due to lens damage. If you run into a malfunctioning camera issue, it is recommended to have it checked and possibly replaced at a good Samsung Note 4 repair firm in Singapore.
Singapore Samsung Warranty
Samsung’s Authorized Service Center will charge you around S$360 for a screen replacement task. You’ll also have to contend with long queues, the company’s lengthy terms and conditions, and the fact that your phone may be factory-reset, which will erase all your saved data. The repair may even take days.
The better alternative is to take your Samsung Note 5 to iRepair in Singapore whenever it develops a problem. At iRepair, your device will be repaired at an affordable cost and in good time. Most repairs including screen replacements are normally completed within an hour.