The Samsung S6 Edge is still a popular choice among smartphone users today. The popularity of the Galaxy S6 Edge is primarily due to its upgraded performance and design features in comparison to the Galaxy S6 and other previous models. Here are some of its key features and specs.
- It is a lightweight and slim phone weighing just 4.66 oz or 132 grams
- It comes in a range of 4 sleek colors namely Whiter Pearl, Green Emerald, Black Sapphire, and Gold Platinum
- Its body build also features Corning Gorilla Glass 4 back panel
- It comes with a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 16M clors
- A curved edge 5.1 inches screen with 1440×2560 pixels at 577 ppi
- Internal memory ranging from 32 and 64 to 128GB.
- 3GB RAM
- A non-removable Li-Ion 2600mAh battery capable of giving you up to 18 hours talk time and up to 50 hours of music play.
- A rear 16MP camera with Auto-Focus and LED flash and a 5MP front camera with dual video and auto HDR.
- A host of other features such as front mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, compass, barometer as well as heart rate and proximity sensors.
While many of this smart phone’s users have reported awesome experience with the device, others have stated a few problems with the S6 Edge. Well, not every smart phone on the market is without its own bugs and problems but if your S6 Edge runs into a serious glitch or malfunction, it is highly recommended that you take it to a good Samsung S6 Edge repair Singapore technician to give it a thorough check and repair. With that said, let’s look at a few of the most common bugs and issues Samsung S6 Edge owners have reported so far.
Samsung S6 Edge Water Damage
The phone is fairly resistant to moisture and splashes but it is quite possible to drop it accidentally in a glass of wine or even in a pool. When water or moisture seeps into the phone’s internal system, it can potentially corrode the motherboard and other sensitive components. Salt water is even worse.
Potential Solutions for Water Damage
There is practically nothing much you can do when water damage happens except take the phone to a reliable Samsung S6 Edge repair shop in Singapore to have it cleaned with special solvents and tested to ensure its is still in fine working condition.
Samsung S6 Edge Slow Performance Issues
A good number of Samsung S6 Edge users have complained of their devices suddenly exhibiting slow or lagging performance. In some cases, this happens after installing Android Marshmallow system.
Solution to Lagging Problems
- The first thing you ought to do when your Samsung S6 Edge begins lagging is to clear the phone’s cache partition. An accumulation of caches from sites you visit hinders optimal performance of the phone.
- Check for any unwanted apps running in the background that may be excessively using the phone’s resources without your knowledge.
- If all else fails, then contact Samsung if you have warranty or simply take the phone to a good Samsung S6 Edge repair shop in Singapore, such as iRepair, to have it examined further and repaired.
Samsung S6 Edge Constantly Refreshing and Restarting Apps
In recent times, there have been heated discussions in mobile phone forums about the irritating habit of apps in the S6 Edge refreshing or simply closing down every time you open them.
This could be a memory management issue so the first thing you need to do is close or uninstall all the apps that you do not use regularly. Freeing enough space in your RAM will make the phone run even smoother. You can also use another launcher besides TouchWiz to see if it will make a difference. However, the problem could stem from a software glitch in which case you’ll have to take the phone either to Samsung Service center or to a good Samsung S6 Edge repair center in Singapore for further testing and repair.
Samsung S6 Edge Screen Replacement
Screen problems range cracked display to freezing or unresponsive screens.
Samsung S6 Edge Cracked Screen
A cracked screen is one of the most common issues reported by smart phone users across the world. The Samsung S6 Edge screen is made of reliably strong materials but will crack or develop spider web cracks if dropped from a height of two feet. The damage depends on which side the phone landed, the worst being face first on a hard surface.
Possible Solutions for a Cracked Screen
Unfortunately, there is no other solution for a cracked screen other than having it replaced with a new one. The screen replacement is an intricate process that includes replacement of the Gorilla Glass 4 Panel and the AMOLED too. The process can be done at a Samsung S6 Edge repair center in Singapore at a more reasonable price for those who do not have Samsung warranty.
Samsung S6 Edge Freezing or Unresponsive Screen
You could be excused for being scared when your precious Samsung S6 Edge suddenly freezes on you and stops working. The screen could become completely unresponsive despite your incessant taping and swiping. Don’t panic. You can solve the issue in the following ways.
- Hold down the phone’s Power button for 10 seconds or until you see the S5Edge reboot then restart the phone.
- Plug in the original charger that came with the phone and try restarting it when it is charging
- If it is still not responding contact Samsung or better still have it checked by a reputable Samsung S6 Edge repair company in Singapore such as iRepair for any software or hardware issues.
Samsung S6 Edge Battery Replacement
Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge has a strong 2600mAh battery. However, the battery’s performance can take a beating from heavy usage and start showing declining performance.
Possible Solutions to Low Battery Capacity
- Turn off all features that you do not use
- Set screen brightness to as low as you can probably live with
- Turn off all the background syncing that you do not need
- If the battery capacity continues to decline, take the phone to a Singapore repair center and have it checked for any internal issue that may be draining your battery.
Samsung Warranty in Singapore
Samsung Premium Care is a service that provides full year coverage for screen and liquid repairs. The service will cost you $156 and includes Premium Care fee of $68. It is only applicable to one instance of incident repair per year and is subject to other terms and conditions. Be prepared for long waiting times too at the Samsung Customer center.